Sunday, June 29, 2008

Produce bags

This weekend I sewed up a bunch of reusable produce bags. Basically I followed this tutorial. I made 24 bags (I think!) using 3 yards of tulle. The tulle was only .99/yd, so these were some cheap bags. Half of the bags were made for a thank gift for a friend for running our church's vacation Bible school this past week. Therese had a blast at the camp learning about Mary the Mother of God. They prayed the Rosary, did a craft, and learned some Marian hymns each day. Ok, back to the bags, I hope that they are sturdy and hold up to the wear and tear. I didn't realize how thin the tulle was until I got it home. We will see, if they fail I am not out alot of money, although I will feel bad that I gave my friend such a shoddy gift.

Here are the ones I made for our family all together. Therese loves the bags!
These green ones are approximately 11"x10"
These red ones are approximately 8"x16" These orange ones are approximately 11"x16" I made 2 of these little red ones, measuring about 8"x8". We will use one to hold small things in the dishwasher that are top rack only (like the valve to Anna Mary's Foogo sippy), the other is a toy for Therese.

1 comment:

Alison Treat said...

Thanks for the comment, Beth. The produce bags look great! I tagged you in a blogging game. See my blog post from today (7/1/08) for details and instructions.