Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pillow Case Dresses

I can't believe it has been close to 2 months since I have posted. I haven't completed a project in so long. The girls have kept me busy this spring, especially Anna Mary with her allergies and skin issues.

I made a pillow case dress for each girl yesterday. It went much faster than I thought it would, especially the second one. I used this tutorial. The pillow cases came with a set of sheets that I bought at Target. I added some pink rick rack along the bottom hemline. Now that I see how easy they are I hope to score some cute pillow cases at yard sales this summer. I have a beautiful white pillow case that my grandma embellished with embroidery that I can't wait to use. I will be making more for each of the girls. I love them because they are so cool and airy. I think that around the house they will be all that the girls will wear this summer. Therese loves dancing in hers! And I love having Anna Mary in something that will keep her very cool since her eczema seems to be exasperated by heat. We actually went out and bought 2 ACs yesterday as we are expecting 90 degree heat this weekend. Here are the pics...enjoy!



2 comments:

Theresa said...

They turned out beautifully! Great job!!

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

They are beautiful! Wish I had a little girl to do the same! We have allergies in this house, too. They do take up a lot of time!