Monday, June 23, 2008

Clothespin bag

I have been hanging to wash out for about a month now. In that time we have used the dryer only when it has rained and made it impossible to get the clothes dry outside. I must say, that even those times we used the dryer the clothes were dried at least in part outdoors.

I had been carrying my clothespins to and from the house in 2 half gallon ice cream containers. It was a pain as they always spilled out. I found this pattern for a clothespin bag and decided to give it a whirl. I got some denim fabric from JoAnn's (I should have cut up some old jeans, oh well) and sewed it up in probably about 20 minutes. It isn't perfect. I think this is because of the hanger I chose to use and because I don't have a printer and so had to fudge the template for the opening. But it works great. I used it tonight when I hung out the diapers. I love practical things. Even more, I love practical things that I make! Here is a picture of it I have been wanting reusable grocery bags for a long time. First I was going to buy some material and make some, but that seemed too costly. Then I was going to crochet some out of some old acrylic yarn I have lying around (I may still do this). But today I came across this pattern. This is my next project after I finish the rest of the girls' pillow case dresses.

Ok, now I am going to share some mommy fluff. Therese decorated some graduation cards for a party that we went to this past weekend. She was simply told to draw some pictures on the cards. This is what she came up with.

This first card is for Sarah. Sarah recently fell off her horse and sustained a serious injury. We have been praying for her recovery for weeks. Therese said that this is a picture of "Sarah riding on her donkey very gently."
This next card is for Peter. He was lucky to get a Shimkus family portrait in his card!
I am so proud of how beautifully she writes her name! Not bad for a 3yo. Of course, she is often a bit over zealous with the flags on her Es!

1 comment:

Alison Treat said...

I can't believe Anna Mary is one already! Time flies. Therese did a beautiful job on the cards--she writes her name very well. How is Sarah, btw? I thought we were going to be able to make the meeting this month, but something came up. Give our best to Mary Ann and family. Blessings!