Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Holy Saturday baking

Holy Saturday was a busy day of baking getting ready for Easter. I started in the morning with non-alcoholic grasshopper pie. Therese was a big help making the crust out of oreo cookies. At first I told her to use the rolling pin to roll over the cookies and crush them. She didn't find that too effective so she came up with her own method.

After the pie I made a rosewater pound cake as well. It is so delicious and makes the house smell *so* nice.

Later in the day, before we went to church, Therese and I made the Easter story cookies. Here she is crushing the pecans.

Here they are ready to go into the oven.

And here she is sampling the finished product while sitting next to her Easter basket.


I made some more Pascha bread and was more pleased with the taste. I will be giving these loaves away.

I am *still* finishing up the Wigglebunz longies. It is taking me a long time, mostly because my evenings are busier with Anna Mary not sleeping well. Once I get them finished I am going to start a pair of yellow capri pants for Anna Mary. I am going to embellish them with red and black lady bugs and perhaps some flowers. I also have some cute fabric to make her another pair of shoes that will go perfectly with these capris. I can't wait to get started. I will be following for the most part the Morning Glory pattern from Ladybugz. It will be a bit challenging as I need to figure out how to put a slit on the side, so it should be fun.

1 comment:

Alison Treat said...

You've been busy! I just got a chance to check your blog again and you've added quite a bit. I love the Easter Story Cookies! I'll have to make them next year. What a great idea!