Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Shoes

It has been a while since I posted anything. That is because it has been a while since I completed any projects. There has been alot of sickness in the house along with a complicated refinance of the house and a new car. I am working on Anna Mary's longies/skirty for Easter and hope to finish that today along with make Pascha bread and help Therese color eggs once again.

Yesterday I sewed up these Easter shoes for Anna Mary. This is the most complicated sewing project I have ever attempted. I am totally self taught with sewing, meaning I totally wing it. I used this tutorial from Michelle Quigley. My work is nowhere near as nice as hers, but Anna Mary moves too fast for anyone to notice. She tried them on last night and they are the right size and stay on well. They will come off her feet more than her other soft soled shoes because I used thin cotton for everything except the sole, which is suede. I bought some other fabric to make her a yellow pair with lady bugs and that too is thin. But in the future I will use something a little stiffer.

Here are the pictures of the shoes. I hope to be back later to post pictures of the skirty and maybe my Pascha bread if it turns out well. This is my first attempt at it.




This is crazy. I just looked at these pictures for the first time and noticed that I managed to get the same part of the pattern on the top of each shoe! How's that for beginners luck?!?




1 comment:

Erin~~The Classy Rabbit~~ said...

Hi there!!

I too just found Michelle's adorable baby shoe pattern and sewed a couple of pairs for my baby. They're just adorable! You did a fantastic job on them!

I found your blog through your comment on her site, so I just had to come over here to check out your pair! Thanks for sharing. Stop by my blog sometime and you can see my attempt at the shoes! Have a fabulous day!